This fall, get your pumpkin fix with this cake. Baked to perection in a skillet, and topped with a litte cream cheese drizzle to compliment the pumpkin flavour, this jumbo cookie is big enough for family and friends to enjoy together. This skillet treat provides the same spices and flabour of pumpkin pie and only takes 10 minues to prepare before baking!
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190° C). Spray large nonstick, ovenproof** skillet with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat Becel® Buttery Taste margarine with sugars in large bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add in flour mixture; beat just until blended.Stir in pumpkin, chocolate chips, 1 tsp. (5 mL) cinnamon and ginger. Spread into prepared skillet.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Combine cream cheese, remaining 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) cinnamon, confectioners sugar and milk in small bowl. Drizzle over cake. Cut into 24 pieces.
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*
- 1 cup (250 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsweetened pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup (250 mL) HERSHEY’S® Chipits® Pure Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) PLUS 1/8 tsp. (0.5 mL) ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground ginger
- 3 ounces (90 g) reduced fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) confectioners sugar
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) milk
Don’t have an ovenproof skillet? No problem. Spread mixture in 13 x 9-in. (33 x 23 cm) baking pan instead. Bake as above.